gfiles magazine

December 19, 2012

I, me and my son


Bric-a-brac
airs & heirs

I, me and my son
dixit, hooda promote progeny
Congress Chief Ministers are constantly in competition with each other. When Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit ensured her son Sandeep Dixit was made an AICC spokesman, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was troubled. He worked overtime and used his good offices with key Congress leaders to bring son Deepender Hooda into the newly set-up publicity committee of the AICC, headed by Digvijaya Singh. But this appointment had interesting fallout. The young MP, Deepender Hooda, is part of the 20-member core committee of Rahul Gandhi, which meets almost twice a month to discuss various issues. But after Hooda junior’s appointment in the publicity committee, Deepender has not been called to the two core committee meetings which have since been held. Rahul Gandhi’s message is loud and clear: if you want to work in the AICC committees and you are pulling strings to get there, then why be a part of my committee. The moral of the story is that sometimes overzealous parents do more harm than good when they set out to help their kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment